Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Workshop Title: The Design Studio (Full-day workshop)
The "Design Studio" is a living space that allows us all to immerse and better understand, envision & design a meaningful solution for people. An important component of success in designing a meaningful solution is inviting team members from all disciplines into this space to foster a culture of collaboration, creativity and openness, in which it’s safe to generate ideas, enable good energies and team thinking to move beyond incremental improvements to today's systems towards allowing ourselves the time to design a roadmap of possibilities.
Read more on The Design Workshop: Bringing It All Together
This full day workshop allows participants to experience and learn to run a "Design Studio".
During the workshop, you'll learn:
- How to setup a space to enable collaborative thinking
- The soft skills for both better design and design leadership
- About the importance of deep research
- How to find insights in the research and bridging this into design
- The importance of focusing on ideation and inspiration towards pushing the boundaries of a future state solution
- How to outline a complete user journey and look for "leverage points" in that journey towards changing behaviour
- How to create compelling stories for both the user journey and your prototypes
- About how to prototype and walk through the stories of the prototype as it fits into the complete user journey
The workshop will combine discussion, questions and activities for you to deepen your understanding of what it takes to run a successful Design Studio with your clients.
At the end of the workshop, you will:
- Understand the activities that make up a "Design Studio"
- Have a way to share stories with your organisation as you come up with possible solutions
- Understand the importance of physical spaces to enable better design
The workshop is inclusive of catered lunch @ The Seminar Room.
Daniel Szuc is Principal Usability Consultant at Apogee, a usability consulting Services Company based in Hong Kong. Dan previously worked on a usability team for Telstra Australia and has lectured about UX in Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, the USA, New Zealand and Japan. He co-wrote a ‘Usability Kit’ with Gerry Gaffney which is an implementation guide providing best practices and guidelines for usability teams.
Dan is currently writing a book with Whitney Quesenbery based on stories from UX practitioners around the world. Dan holds a BS in Information Management from Melbourne University in Australia.
On twitter, Daniel is @dszuc
Directions to the Heritage Place
Travel by Mass Rapid Transit (MRT)
Take the East West Line (Green) and stop "Bugis" (EW12). The venue is located opposite Bugis Junction.
You can park at Bugis Junction or the road side carpark at the Heritage Place premise.
Travel by Bus
SBS - 2, 7, 12, 32, 33, 51, 56, 63, 130, 133, 145, 197
SMRT - 61, 851, 960, 980, NR7
Taxi stand is located along North Bridge Road.